PDA

View Full Version : Cave GUI

Rudi
06-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Hi,

We're working on a project to simulate a product for the year 2022.
For this we are using the CAVE and Vizard.

We've bumped into a problem we've made a gui with the gui menu in vizard and it's working fine when we launch it on our desktop. But as soon as we try it out in the cave it displays on each screen and it doesn't work with viz.go
When we comment out viz.go the functions wont work and the gui shows on every wall when we want it to be displayed on just one (the middle one).
We've searched the web but we couldn't find anything regarding this problem.

We did ask the local representative (Sjaak Verwaaijen) but he couldn't help us out.

TL;DR: How can we display the gui on just a single screen and not on all 4 inside the CAVE. And how can we use viz.go so we can vizact to the menu buttons?

With kind regards,
ReLive

farshizzo
06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Are you using a cluster setup to run the CAVE? If so, you can use cluster masks to hide the GUI on all the machines except the one rendering the middle wall.

Andy
06-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem and I’m searching for a solution. We are using a curved screen so each projection is quite narrow and they are blending with each other. My approach would be to create a surface (transparent), which flies in the virtual room and shows GUI.

Is something even conceivable? At the moment it is only an idea.

Rudi
06-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Are you using a cluster setup to run the CAVE? If so, you can use cluster masks to hide the GUI on all the machines except the one rendering the middle wall.

Yes, we are using a cluster setup but we don't know how to adress just a screen. How can we use the cluster masks?

Edit:
Nevermind, we found the following link and are going to implement it in a moment.
http://docs.worldviz.com/vizard/commands/viz/cluster/setMask.htm