PDA

View Full Version : old avatar lipsynching

tommahhh
05-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi all,

I am having a great deal of difficulty making my old avatar.Person avatars lipsynch. As of now I am applying avatar.loadSpeech and it loads the .wav but the lips are way off. I read in another older post that the .wav settings must be 8-bit microsoft, 22khz, and 16-bit encoded. Is there something I am missing? What else could be the problem?

Thank you,

Tom

farshizzo
05-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi,

When you say the lips are "way off", are you saying they are out of synch with the wav file or that the movement is unrealistic?

tommahhh
05-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi,

I really can't tell at this point. I'm not really expecting it to be realistic (to be honest nothing really looks that realistic to me in vizard), but the thing I noticed is that even when there is no speech in a certain part of the wav file the avatar's mouth is still open and/or moving. I think this is do to some backround noise, but I also think it might be not syched up. Are there any general guidlines when dealing with lipsynching?

Thanks,

Tom

farshizzo
05-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I'm not that familiar with the old Avatar.Person class, but I believe there is an optional second argument to the loadSpeech command that sets the threshhold for the lipflapping. Try playing around with that value. It should prevent the avatars lips from moving during background noise.