PDA

View Full Version : on the fly objects

Johannes
01-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Trying to graph e.g. the position I used a graph made out of on the fly Lines (coordinate system) and on the fly Lines

I realised that it is possible to draw two points but to only draw one point does not seem to work?!

import viz
import vizmat
import time
import math

viz.go()

point=(0.3,0.3,0.3)
point2=(0.4,0.3,0.3)

viz.startlayer(viz.POINTS)
viz.vertexcolor(0,12,1)
viz.pointsize(2)
viz.vertex(point)
#viz.vertex(point2)
points = viz.endlayer(viz.SCREEN)

To draw two points on the same spot or just slighetly besides each other did not seem to work either.

Thank you,
Johannes

farshizzo
01-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi,

The Vizard rendering optimizer is not drawing the object because it is infinitely small. Currently, there is no way to disable this feature. If you wish, I could create a plugin that will disable this for you. Let me know what you would like.

Johannes
01-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Dear Farshizzo,

1. Do you see another possibility to draw a graph of a motion (e.g. position vs. time) than with on-the-fly dots?

To built a plugin sounds too much work right now. I can try to draw always at least two points at a time. If I don't get along doing this, I will ask again.

2. Does vizard have something like Textboxes where the user can for example change values e.g.

http://www.klassenarbeiten.net/klassenarbeiten/onlinelernen/physik/wurf.shtml

I know that it is possible to use sliders or vX = viz.input('Please type velocity x (e.g. 1.2 for 1.2 m/s)')

3. Any news about the problem from yesterday (crash)

Have a great day,
Johannes

farshizzo
01-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi,

1. On-the-Fly objects are probably your best bet. The next update to Vizard will have a new feature that will let you add vertices to existing OTF objects. So you don't have to keep creating separate objects for each point.

2. Vizard does not have textboxes built-in to the GUI.

3. I've sent you an email about it.