PDA

View Full Version : depth perception for a DTI 3D monitor

timbo
07-11-2008, 03:23 PM
so I have switched from using a virtual environment written in c++ to vizard. Vizard has made everything easier and faster but I have one complaint that maybe someone knows hows to fix.

In vizard the depth perception of objects is not that great. I am using a DTI 3D monitor, all of the hardware is fine since I was running the c++ version earlier. Its taking the viz.go(viz.STEREO) and viz.ipd(0) and laying the two copies on top of eachother to create the 3D image. Is there anything else I can do to increase the depth perception? Thanks

timbo
07-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Is there anything else I can do to increase the depth perception?

I meant is there anything else I can do to make the depth perception better?

farshizzo
07-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Have a look at the fusion distance feature. You can find a thread describing it here (http://www.worldviz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258) and the documentation explains how it works. You can use this feature to have objects pop out of the screen.

timbo
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
So none of those attributes really changed anything for the better. Another thing I noticed is that people are using the fullscreen mode. I have not been using it since I am using two monitors and displaying on the secondary monitor (using translating the screen to the other monitor). Is there a way to get viz.FULLSCREEN to appear on the secondary monitor and not the primary

Veleno
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi timbo,

To set the default fullscreen monitor for all scripts, create a text file called vizcore.cfg in the vizard bin directory, and place in it the following code:
viz.fullscreen.monitor = 1
Where "1" is the number of your monitor, as seen in Window's display preferences. Setting it to 0 keeps it at the default of going fullscreen across all monitors.

If you want it to be the default for all scripts in a directory, place vizcore.cfg in that folder instead. If you have a vizcore.cfg in both in the same directory as your script, and one in the vizard bin directory, the one with your script will take precedence.

If you want it to be for a single script, add that line of code inside the script before viz.go() as:
viz.setOption('viz.fullscreen.monitor',1)

For a full list of initialization commands, check the Vizard Documentation under Reference.

timbo
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
thanks that worked like a charm