PDA

View Full Version : Live Characters Demo

wouters
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I am just starting to look at how I can control an avatar in Motion Builder using the data from a PPT tracker. Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to set this up?

Thanks!

Leah :D

Frank Verberne
05-06-2008, 04:35 AM
Hi Leah,

I haven't found a good tutorial for it yet, but I'm animating an avatar in Vizard using MotionBuilder and Dtrack software so I think I can help you. If you're also using Dtrack to receive the information of the PPT tracker, then you need to install the Dtrack plugin (e.g. from http://www.ar-tracking.de/Motion-Capture.214+B6Jkw9MA__.0.html) and add Dtrack listener (which is in the folder "devices") to the scene in MotionBuilder. After adding it, just click on the red square next to online to activate it and check the box next to live. Several red dots should appear in the viewer of MotionBuilder, representing markers that are being tracked by the PPT tracker (or one red dot representing a single marker). When you have done this, you could search in the MotionBuilder help file for marker set (or actor settings). Basically you need to add an actor to the scene, create a markerset and allocate each marker to the body part it should influence. This is explained in the help file. Good luck with it.

Yours,
Frank

Frank Verberne
05-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Almost forgot: after adding Dtrack listener to the scene and activating it, you have to create a model binding. Only after the listener is online, live and a model binding is created, you will see (a) red dot(s) in the viewer of MotionBuilder.

farshizzo
05-06-2008, 09:14 AM
If you have PPT 3.0 and a support contract, then you can request the free PPT MotionBuilder plugin by contacting support@worldviz.com.