PDA

View Full Version : Avatrs provided

Karthi
01-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi
I need to animate additional behaviours for my avatars. For the avatar male.cfg and female.cfg, is there anyway to get access to the code behind that so that i can get an idea about how the behaviour of those avatars are done?? I have tried searching for those two files but i can't find them anywhere.
Also i am thinking of using 3D MAX character studio version4 to create some avatars..is that a good idea?? Can i animate the behaviour of the avatars inside character studio and just export that behaviour as a.cfg file?

Cheers
karthi

tobin
01-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Currently, the only way to build new animations for Vizard avatars is to use 3DMax Character Studio. There's a free plug-in available that exports from 3DMax in cfg format which can then be used in Vizard. So yes, that is a good idea and if you're familiar with CS already you'll find this very straightforward.

Here's a 3rd party tutorial you can look at to see the steps involved in building and exporting cfg compatible avatars:

Exporting Cal3D avatars from 3DMax (http://cal3d.sourceforge.net/modeling/tutorial.html)

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Karthi
02-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Hi!
I'm really having trouble getting my mesh of a male and female human to look realistic. I realise this is more of a graphics question rather than a Vizard questions, but do you know of any tutorials or any models of a human that i could look at? I have tried so many different ways, but nothing looks even remotely close to the avatars that come with Vizard.
Cheers
karthi

farshizzo
02-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi Karthi,

I'm not clear on what your problem is. Are you successfully able to import your own avatar into Vizard? Whatever your avatar looks like in Character Studio should be what it will look like in Vizard. Let me know if this is not the case. Character Studio should come with a sample model, have you tried looking at that? If you can't find that then we might be able to find a sample character.