PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to save a vizard program as (movie) a media file?

ghazanfar
03-26-2007, 06:33 AM
hi,

Is it possible to save a vizard program as (movie) a media file?

so that later we can run it as a media file.

Ghazanfar

farshizzo
03-26-2007, 10:42 AM
You can record the simulation to an AVI by pressing Ctrl+F12 to start the recording. And pressing it again to stop the recording. An AVI will be created in the directory of your script. Becareful using this feature, it will create an uncompressed AVI, so your hard drive will fill up very quickly.

You can also use a 3rd party application, such as Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/) or Taksi (http://taksi.sourceforge.net/).

bjgold
05-07-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm having problems using viz.startRecording. I'm getting an AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'startRecording'. But all of my timers are set up through viz (so I can call viz.killTimer, for example), so I figured that the viz. object would be the correct one to call for startRecording (the Control-F12 works fine, but it would be better for this batch job to have it automated via script). Any ideas? I've attached the chunk of code from onTimer

if( num == ANIMATE_INPUT_TIMER ):
if( inpCurSample < inpTotalSampleCount ):
if( inpCurSample == 1 ):
viz.startRecording( str(AVI_FILES[aviFileNumber - 1]) )
myArm.setArmPositionAccordingToDataSample( inpHandTotal[inpCurSample], inpArmTotal[inpCurSample], inpFingerTotal[inpCurSample] )
inpCurSample += 1
else:
viz.stopRecording()
viz.killtimer( ANIMATE_INPUT_TIMER )
viz.starttimer( POLL_VIDEO, .1, viz.FOREVER )
armVisibility( viz.OFF )

Gladsomebeast
05-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Need to call viz.window.startRecording()

farshizzo
05-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi,

Also, keep in mind that this feature only exists in Vizard 3.0. Since you posted in Vizard 2.5 forum, I'm assuming you are using that version, which means the command won't be available.

bjgold
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Need to call viz.window.startRecording()

Thanks! Worked great!